31 game Reviews with Responses

Breathing Simulator Breathing Simulator

you could use a variable to track the frames of the animation and play it back from that frame on button release!

ninjamuffin99 responds:

heheh yeah I should probably do something like that

3D Flying Snake 3D Flying Snake

Very nice Idea!

.) I would love some visual feedback when I eat something
.) for camera perspectives, you could look into how the vines from "grow home" did it
.) I guess it is hard to make gridbased movement in a 3d space, but the steady movement instead of the classic, clunky snake movement feels a little bit off to me

That does not mean that I do not like it ofc, its pretty nice :)

JimGiant responds:

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm definitely looking in to advanced camera control and there will be particle effects in the next update when you collect fruit.

I might make a game with 90 degree turns in the future if there is enough demand. If I did it would take inspiration from the Tron light bikes and have a hyperspace dash rather than jump.

FeeSoeeD | Beta FeeSoeeD | Beta

I thought I had a weird deja vu, until i remembered that i voted for this on greenlight yesterday!

It is really cool and I wish you all the best :)

BUG-Studio responds:

Good afternoon. Thanks for your answer!
We downloaded version 0.6.2, which opened access to the COOP mode, as well as 7 beta levels in a single game.
Thank you!

Max & Mink Max & Mink

This is pretty cool!

presentation was a bit too much like waterboy & firegirl for my taste, some of the tiles could have needed a little bit more work & the ads are kinda annoying, but this is a really great mechanic!

5/5 game

JoepvanDuinen responds:

Glad you liked it, looking forward to check out your next games as well :)

Bald Bald

title image failed?

Tataro responds:

It's perfect for me, But I will review it as well. (sorry for my english)

Minute of Rage Minute of Rage

Wolod responds:

Great article! I'll add some new flavors of frustration to my future games :)

Viewpoint - A Game of Perspective Viewpoint - A Game of Perspective

Fun!

But feels a lot like Fez.

Still, a good puzzler!

BryceSummer responds:

Thank you!

Unknown Unknown

This is pretty cool!

the thing I really did not like where the sound effects. They are always the same and it feels kind of cheap, since there is no music to distract you from them.

I would recommend you to make a bunch of different versions of the same sound effect and loop over them instead of using only one.

Other than that the game was fun, simplistic and stylish!
Its so nice to see another person who works with stencyl :)

GrimMutilator responds:

You are undeniably right. Glad you enjoyed nonetheless. Stencyl rules.

Wave 5n - Alpha Wave 5n - Alpha

Very cool game!
Reminded me a lot of Mobs Inc.

Only thing I did not like, was that you can not hold down left mousbutton to keep firing.

I also kind of lost interest after beating the first boss with every character, the game seems to kind of repeat itself after that.

Overall 4/5, good job!

zed-studios responds:

Thanks! Yeah, there's not a ton of content right now, but more is coming! Right now it's more sort of a playable demo.

Mobs Inc. was definitely an inspiration. I actually didn't realize how much I imitated it until now.

TwoTap TwoTap

Fun little time killer!

Only thing I did not like was that when you die you get forced to use your mouse.
It would be much faster if you could retry by pressing "right" and go back with "left".
The players have their right hand on the keyboard while playing, switching to mouse to play the next level takes some time (not saying that I am too lazy to move my hand, but if your menu controlled with the ingame controls you would achieve a deeper immersion in my opinon).

Apropos time: The menu takes a little to long to load up/switch to next level for a gameplay that is as rapid as yours.

These are however not big complaints :)
4/5

Lemming1 responds:

I have written these down, I 100% agree. I will fix these in a future update. While speed games like this are simple those kind of polishing touches are what makes them great!