Contact Info / Websites
Making one game per week has teached me a lot.
The 3rd weeks game will not be released anywhere as it is an unplayabale mess.
I will keep this as brief as possible and shortly explain why this weeks game has failed:
1) I did not make a prototype.
I just started working without testing the core mechanic. I thought that I would not need that, I was sure that it was great. I was wrong.
2) The core mechanic is not as fun as i though
This was only clear after I was too far in developement. Having to push on with developement when you know that your game is not much fun is something I do not want to have to do ever again.
3) I did not take care of myself
Like, not at all.
4) I did not document my developement process
I had no documentation, no style sheet, no daily recapitulation. This made a lot of my work ineffective and useless as I was not taking care of the important parts of the game.
I am sorry.
I hope to have finally learned my lesson this week and will only fail in different areas from now on.
I knew about all the things that I did wrong before doing them. I guess I had to learn the hard way. Next Mondays game will be made under consideration of all of them. It will also be about comics.